Friday, June 24, 2011

All About Bags!

I am no bagaholic like my mom but I do like buying bags every now and then. I do own a few branded bags most of which are black and big. As a teacher, especially when I was still in Manila, my bags had to be big because I had to bring a lot of things.

When I got married, Alvin also asks me to put some of his stuff in my bag (but I'm still the one who carried it as I am really against girls asking their bfs or hubbys to carry their very feminine bags for them) -- his mobile or his id card holder, which does not fit in his pockets. When I became a mom I included a mini first aid kit inside my bag as advised by my friend. After all, you'll never know when your kid will need a plaster or a band-aid.

Needless to say, I have a lot of stuff inside my bag-- tissue paper, hand sanitizer, cologne/perfume, make-up (lip balm, face powder, lipstick), comb, rosary, rosary booklet, id card holders, coin purse, my mobile, my bulky wallet, my mini-first aid kit, school supplies -- like pen, mini notebook and posts it. So imagine the time that I consume whenever I change bags! I thought I would not survive my day without me carrying all of these things. And so I thought. Until I got pregnant with Sam.

I think it was already in the third trimester when I decided I would be switching bags and just carry what is essential. My wallet, my coin purse and my mobile. It was getting harder to commute with Sam inside me unlike when I was heavy with Liam, wherein I got to drive until he was almost due. I thought that I wouldn't survive with just these three inside my bag, but lo and behold, I did! And I loved it! I actually got some good feedback with one of my co-workers when I was still heavy with Sam :)

When I gave birth to Sam, I decided to go back to my old big bags, but when I realized that it was just so hard to carry a big bag aside from the baby bag, I decided to use small bags again. AFter all, I have already proven that I can live with just 3 things inside it and it's much easier for me as well!

Right now I'm alternating the use of my small bags -- the brown Esprit shoulder/body bag, my Nine West small bag and my current favorite, my Coach small body bag :) I love using these three because they make my life soooo much easier especially when I do errands and my two kids are with me. I lovethem because as body bags, they don't fall down my shoulders everytime I try to do something or like when I'm carrying Sam. It is most helpful when I do the grocery or do the marketing and Sam wants to be carried. Well, good thing now, she can use the trolleys at the shops :)




Sometimes it crosses my mind that my bag does not really compliment my wardrobe, but what the heck, I have two kids in tow and more than my appearance, I think the comfort of my kids and me having an easier time will have to be my top priorities.

So now, I am in a hiatus from buying some more bags, which my hubby is very thankful for as it saves him a lot :) (although as soon as I work again and the baby bag gets smaller, lagot siya!)