Saturday, May 14, 2011

snippets

finally! after a day of trying to log in and write a blog, blogger.com is now again functioning normally! :)


winter will officially begin by 1st of June but the past few days we have already been having a taste of winter! well, born to a tropical country, most Filipinos, including me, fret when it's winter. they or we see so many bad things associated with this season. but yesterday, instead of entertaining reasons why I don't like winter, I thought of reasons why I love winter. it's still a very short list but hey, it's a start :) this season will not leave me for the next 3 or 4 months so why not make it a pleasant one?

-- i love winter because the grass in our lawn slows down its growth process, which in turn makes my mowing duty not every two weeks but after a month or longer! yipee! :) less stress and less in electricity use as well :)

-- i love winter because i have more reason to snuggle up in bed with my hubby and kids at night and in the mornings. extended when it's the weekends :)

-- i love winter because i have another reason to go shopping hehehe just like what we did yesterday! Liam, Sam and myself headed off to the shops yesterday and bought winter clothes and home accessories

-- I love winter because our leftover foods' shelf life are extended as well :)

more next time ;)

I had my first session/class for Term 2 last Thursday. I can't believe that I'm just two more terms away from finishing my Certificate course! yipee! To think that I almost dropped it last year, at the height of my 1st tri discomforts. Good thing Alvin persuaded me to still try all possible means before quitting. He's really my angel! :) I am actually done with all my term papers for this term ;) I am just waiting for our sessions to submit them. I need to do things in advance because I will go home before my graduation in early December :)

***

A few weeks ago Liam told me I'm so fat and even asked if I had another baby in my tummy! LOL! Well, who wouldn't get fat? We went to the market this morning and when I was already fixing the things we bought, our ref ended up almost full! I told Alvin that probably, next week, we can skip going to the market and try to finish everything inside it first, just like my empty-the-pantry project. Aside from saving money, we also get to avoid food wastage (the left overs that got spoiled already because neither of us wants to eat it already!)

***

Because of MKR and Master Chef Liam's interest in cooking has tripled! Sometimes I catch him pretending to cook, describing what he is doing like the hosts of the cooking shows, using his fireman hat as a bowl and our toiletries as his ingredients. It's a funny and a beautiful sight! :) He watches a LOT of youtube videos on cake decorating -- especially the Fire Engine Cake. He is even requesting me to make one for his birthday! He is definitely interested in cooking, no doubt about that! I asked him if he wanted to be a chef and he said he wanted to be a Fireman Chef! So cute! Well, whatever he decides to be in the future, I will just support him. But as for now, I will foster his interest in cooking :)

This afternoon I made a very simple fruit salad. Seeing me busy in the kitchen he turned off the TV and asked if he can help me. Of course I said yes! While making the salad, I was also teaching/giving him some tips in cooking like: always first wash your hands before you handle food; you taste what you created; and telling him the names of the ingredients we were using, even the equipment. Today he learned what a spatula is. As for his participation in the making of our fruit salad, I asked him to put fresh seedless grapes in the bowl :) I asked him to make sure that the small branches will not be included, it was such a joy to see him double-checking each grape that he is putting in the bowl :) OC.

I am sure this is just one of the many times we will be cooking together :) When he gets a bit older I will be willing to give him more responsbilities :) Who knows, he might really be a Fireman Chef someday! ;)