Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Songs of My Life

Can't believe in a couple of weeks I'll turn 32 already! Wow, 32 years! I think I stopped counting at 28...and...I don't feel 32! Age as they say is just all in the mind. So as my birthday draws near, I reflect on my journey through the songs that have touched my life.

I am a music lover but given the choice between the rhythm and the lyrics, I look at the lyrics first before I actually consider it a favorite. I believe the song appeals to me more when the lyrics reflects the state of my life during that time. Of course, there are some songs that highlights important events in my life.

The first song on my list is Busy Days. Yes, even up to now, I can still sing that song! That was our graduation song when I was in Prep.

Well, I won't be elaborating why some songs are on my list, might get into trouble hehehe. If you want to know why, just ask me and I'll share the story behind the song between the two of us. Basta, I found this activity another breather from the daily grinds of my life :)

(In no particular order)
At the Beginning by Richard Marx
I Will be Right Here Waiting for You (by Richard Marx)
Of All the Things
Paglisan (Color It Redd)
Everlasting Love (by the Company)
True Colors (Phil Collins)
Pasko Na Sinta Ko (by Gary V)
Love Moves in Mysterious Ways (Original Version)
Everytime I Close My Eyes (By Babyface)
Now That I Found You (by the Company)
Journey (by Lea Salonga)
Reflection (by Lea Salonga)
I'll Remember (by Madonna)
Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
Lord, I Offer My Life To You
The Climb by Miley Cyrus
Secret Garden (by Bruce Springsteen)
Thank YOu by Secret Garden
Butterfly Kisses
The Christmas Song
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (Sting)
I Am Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon)
God is Good
Let Us Exalt His Name

I am still missing some songs because I get to remember them in unexpected times. Some of the songs I am missing are the OPM songs (I'm having my amnesiotic attack!) and I will probably have a second part of this blog... as soon as I have listed a number of songs already :)