Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"I Love You Sabado, Pati na Rin Linngo!"






Weekends. Who doesn't love it? A couple of weeks ago I read the blog of my friend and she was sharing how she felt being alone on a weekend. It reminded me of my own feelings when we were still back in Manila. I grew up seeing both my parents at home every weekends, so when I married a Mechanical Engineer, who was working with San Miguel Corporation, I really had a hard time adjusting! It was just plain torture for me to spend my weekends alone (since he was on call on Saturdays and sometimes even on Sundays!) at home. I felt, bad and sad. So instead of having quality time together on weekends, we end up arguing because I tend to vent out my frustrations to him, on why he has to work on a weekend!

When I got pregnant, it was still the same, but things changed when our child was finally born. Before Liam arrived, we agreed that we didn't want this kind of life --spending less time for family, so you can work on weekends (so you can provide for your family). We don't want to end up regretting our decision of working for our family and missing out on the time our son is growing up. As they say, time flies fast. In a year or two, they will have friends of their own and would not go with us anymore. And by the time we're ready for them, they're not there for us anymore. So we took the bold step of uprooting ourselves in Manila and deciding to settle here in Sydney. It was hard. But I believe we made the right decision.

Now, our weekends are spent for the family. Yes, Alvin does leave early and gets to go home around half past 7, but we catch up on weekends. Liam loves waking up on Fridays because he knows that after one more sleep, "Papa no work tom!" We spend our weekends on long-drives, like our recent trip to Canberra; going to the nearby shops and eating out, or simply enjoy a lazy Saturday and Sunday at home, catching up with house work and playing with Liam.

I'm sharing some of our photos, a glimpse of what we have on weekends :)