Monday, November 30, 2009

Great Buys, Great Finds

I love sales! Who doesn't? It started 2 years ago when was heavy with Liam. A friend of mine informed me of a sale somewhere in Pasig. It offered super low priced clothes for kids. I was preparing to be a mum soon so my husband and I agreed to go there. To our surprise, there were also maternity clothes in the site. So at the end of our shopping day, I was able to spend around 2000 pesos for 7 pieces of maternity clothes and a lot of baby stuff. Not bad! We got a good value for our money!

The following year, in an e-group, I learned that Guess and Mossimo apparel will be offered in a 3-day weekend sale. I was so happy when my husband agreed to go with me. I was surprised with the number of people when we got there. I thought that my husband wouldn't stay and be patient enough to wait for me, but no! We endured the hours of wait and the number of people to get ourselves some clothing for a good price. We spent around 4k that day -- which we don't usually spend in a day -- but were happy because if you are to sum up everything that we got in their original price, it wouldn't even be less than 10K!

Now, in Sydney. New place. No more sales? Nope, every week they sales! I look forward receiving the catalogues each week. I feel elated each week especially after going to the shops to buy some good stuff. The past weeks, I've been frequenting the shops to buy all sorts of things, all at a good price! Here's my list:

a. Target - home and kitchenwares
b. K-mart - same as Target
c. Big W - same as the first two
d. Nike - clothes/sports apparel, shoes
e. Guess and Mossimo - kid and adult clothes

Now that my family is preparing to move out from my brother's home, I am extremely happy with the kitchenwares I was able to purchase at half it's original price. Aside from this, I was also able to buy bed linens, comforters, electronic gadgets,kitchen appliance all for such a cheap price. Mind you, I was able to get the branded ones! If we were to purchase all of it when we have moved out already, I am pretty sure that I won't get the good brands.

So hurray for sales! People like me, who always strive to get a good valu for hard-earned money, will not tire of looking and attending sales. Until my next find!