Monday, November 16, 2009

The Computer Addict in Me

Hi, I'm Jeana and I'm a computerolic. Yes, I must admit that I am guilty of being a computer addict every now and then, especially with FB. A few years ago a former student introduced me to Friendster and a few years later it was replaced by FB. It just feels good uploading pictures, so family and friends back in Manila can share with our latest happenings. In the same way that it's good to see how friends, former colleagues and classmates are doing now.

These social networks are not the only reasons why I am a bit addicted to the computer. Blame it on the internet. The internet as they say is the window to the world. In the just a few seconds you can actually get what you are looking for. I can't wait to see or browse the newest catalogue of each week's sale offered by the different shops - Target, Big W or Kmart at that.

I sometimes feel guilty of spending too much time in front of the computer. It is as if my day is not complete if I do not touch the keyboard or surf the net. One minute leads on an hour. I don't stay in front of the computer for more than two hours but after an hour's rest, I find myself again back and surfing. Sometimes, this causes a little discussion between me and my husband.Oh, my surfing makes me happy. Can you blame me?

Oh well, I still believe it can still get worse if I don't do anything now. So, while I still can, I better save this piece turn off the computer and do more important things than to surf the net. =D