Thursday, November 19, 2009

Learning Patience Along the Way

I can be very impatient. Yes, I am a teacher but it is quite ironic that I find myself most of the time losing my patience. I hate waiting. Looking back at all the things I have prayed for I usually do something opposite while asking the Lord to let His will be done. In short, I usually put matters into my own hands, only to get hurt in the process. It was quite a struggle. I didn't enjoy the process.

But each experience as they say is a way for God to teach us a valuable lesson. I think this time, God is teaching me how to be patient. But at this point I still have to prove I have learned the lesson. Since we got here in Sydney, we have always prayed for a job that will allow my husband to practice his exertise. Being a mechanical engineer, he was given the chance to work with San Miguel Coproration when we were still in Manila. We thought that having a number of years of experience tucked under his belt, he wouldn't have a hard time looking for a good job here. Well, to make the long story short, I guess, a few days ago he finally got a job. A job with a good company. A job on his chosen field. A job for our family. A job that will start our future here. Somewhere a long the way God has touched me again and allowed me to see the beauty of waiting.

It is quite hard and scary to know that there will still be a lot of times where I'll be praying for things, asking God to grant my prayers, but Him also asking me to wait again. I am pretty sure He is not yet done with me. I will still be stubborn most of the times. I haven't passed the lesson yet.I can't say anything concrete because I also don't know what is in store for me, what circumstances awaits me. All I have is my faith that just like this one, these circumstances will allow me to really learn the value of patience, in the truest sense of the word. And that someday soon, God will tell me, "Well done, my child, you have passed this test!"