Thursday, January 10, 2013

Passing Up on Melbourne

Passing up a chance to travel again is, sigh, a big thing for me.

The whole family is going to Melborune, doing the long ten-hour drive from Sydney...all except us :(

Alvin can't take a leave from work anymore.

Next option was just the three of us, me, Liam and Sammie. All was doing okay. I've paid my share for the house we're renting and bought tickets for Liam and myself for the Australian Open. But I changed my mind the last minute.

Our short drives last week (1 to 3 hour drive) made me realize that driving for ten hours, with the two kids, especially Sam, without their Papa, is going to be ONE GREAT challenge for me.

My Kuya suggested that Liam still goes with them, anyway, he already has the ticket. Liam is all for it and is really looking forward to it. I know it's a good exposure for him, since he is taking tennis lessons.

Sigh. Passing the chance to explore  Melbourne, other parts of Victoria - the 12 Disciples, and watching the Australian Open? More sigh.

Anyway, hopefully, we'll get the chance to travel again, as a family, soon.

I'll write my experience of Liam being away for four days on a different blog entry.