Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plans Plans Plans

I love to plan things! Planning takes more than knowing what you would like to do, it involves other skills that allows my mind to work :D

I am busy planning a lot of things, which I think will make my hands full in the next coming months.

Project number 1: Our trip to Manila. (I think I should refrain using "home" for Manila and embrace the fact that Sydney is now our "home", besides, Sydney has been GOOD to us). This is the biggest project so it's the number one on the list.

For this project, I need to do a lot of exchanging e-mails with our travel agent. Rates, dates, details of the trip. I need to apply for the passport of Andrea (which I already did). Check on travel insurance and get one. Funding. Planning and shopping for the pasalubongs and whom to give it to. Plan things to do while in Manila. And that brings me to the next projects.

Project Number 2: Andrea's 1st birthday party. Yes, we decided to have her first birthday party in Manila even if almost all her friends and all her cousins are Sydney based. Anyways, we still have families and lots of friends in Manila. We plan to have her party in Manila so we can have the value for our money. It's a bit expensive here and the kiddie parties here are not at par with the ones we have in Manila. If we want the quality of party like the one that Liam had, here in Sydney, we better be ready to shell out big bucks. And being practical people, we won't. So this project involves planning, organizing, budgeting, coordinating with the people who can help me out in the coordination - Manila based family and friends, and shopping! I have already started shopping with the prizes here in Sydney. I am excited, even if it's still 9 months away!

Project Number 3: Out of town trips. There are option 1 and option 2. Option 1 is somewhere near, if our budget will not allow us to travel down south. Option 2 is of course a grander out of town trip. The problem now is, we have decided to separate the out of town trips with my family and his family (to keep me SANE). Now which is which...who comes with us in Option 1 (I bet it's my family)...if it's Option 2, baka kaming 4 na lang! hahaha This project again involves coordinating with travel agents, checking out airlines, airfares, checking out the nice beach resorts etc etc etc.

Wow, I have just only listed three and yet my brain is working double time! But I enjoy doing it. There are still a lot of smaller stuff that needs to be taken cared of with these three projects...the get togethers with friends and family while in Manila, the big decision of to sell or not to sell our lot in Pasig while we are in Manila, the shopping, the spa sessions, the visits to the derma and salons!

ooohhh, it's just going to be BUSY in the coming months! Mind you, these are not the only ones that I do. I am a full time wife and mum, no helpers or yayas. I am also a student on my last year at a Certificate course I took. So just imagine how I'm juggling all these things! Am I relaxed? YES, I am. Very Much. But, come June 2011, it will be a different story already ;D