Thursday, September 13, 2012

Save Up!

Alvin showed me the ad last night from the Target catalogue.

I knew it will be a good buy because both my kids love to paint or draw (not to mention that it will be less messy, saving me time from cleaning up their mess after every painting session).

Anyway, I was stopping myself because Liam is already very observant and might think that they can have everything they want in a whim. He might even have the illusion that we are rich!

I have to do something!

This will then be Liam's first lesson about saving up for something you like. I will give him one dollar everyday in return for something until we reach the amount needed. I chose doing some house chores first, like cleaning up and brushing the carpet.

Aside from saying no when they point to something they like when we're at the shops, hopefully, this exercise will be effective as well in teaching him the value of hard earned money.