Thursday, October 30, 2014

Of Wishes, Hopes and Dreams


This was taken during my 3rd birthday. I actually don't know what I wished as I blew out my birthday candles, but at this point in my life, I feel that all wishes already came true.

There were some humps and bumps, heartaches and wrong turns. Looking back, I now see that it was all part of God's grand plan for me. I am what I am today and I appreciate everything that I have today because of all of those. 

I often hear this phrase from people as they celebrate life's blessings: 
"I think I did something good in my life to deserve this." 
I beg to differ. 
I have what I have now not because I did something good in my life but simply because
 God our Father is a very loving, generous and awesome God! 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

As I celebrate another year, I look back and give thanks to a year that was. 

Over the years, wishes have lessened, 
but the "thank yous" have definitely increased. 

I wish. I hope. I dream.
I pray. I claim.
I am thankful. I am grateful.