Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Goals

Happy new year!

I really can't believe that Christmas break came too quickly!

Alvin is back to the daily grind so I am left with the kids until Kuya Liam goes back to school on 29 January :-)

It has been a habit that during my quiet moments, I find myself reflecting, thinking and praying for my goals for the coming year.

I started with this list late last year and I can only hope and pray that I will be able to achieve all these goals and projects for 2014.


For 2014, I plan to become more active in helping and in taking care of our environment. After all the natural calamities we had last year, I think it's about time we seriously think about our environment and the ways how we can protect it especially for our kids. As they say every little thing counts! So here is my share. I:
-will bring my reusable eco bags when I go shopping or when I do the grocery
- will be making compost pits at home
- will refrain from using plastic plates spoon etc if there is an affair at home

For 2014, I plan to better take care of my health. I am learning through the sad experiences of relatives who faced major health issues towards the end of 2013.
For 2014, I:
- will bike at least 10 minutes a day (stationary bike at home)
- will continue with apple cider vinegar therapy to start my day
- will continue with lemon water
- will have vegetable salad as starters before having the mains
- will (try) to lessen use of internet, trying to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome

For 2014, I will be wiser in handling our finances. I/we:
- will lessen buying stuff with brands
- will lessen buying and giving kids what they like in a whim
- will lessen my habit of impulse buying
- will continue training the kids how to handle their money wisely
- will start sponsoring a Filipino scholar thru Ancop
- will continue helping our chosen NGOs as a means of sharing our blessings

This year, we are praying that all shall fall into place and:

- I can finally submit and get my Professional Competence accreditation  from NSWIT early this year
- travel as a family (again, interstate or out of the country)
- buy our first home (late this year)

I am actually toying with the idea of going back to school by taking an online course. I feel that my brain needs it :-) Hubby is actually okay with it so we'll see :-)

These are the only things I have considered and reflected to do in 2014. I know there will be a lot of other things that can happen which are unplanned. I am actually not worried for whatever unplanned things that might happen, I am very sure, God is in control. So bring it on 2014!